Wednesday 14 August 2013

Small Projects

I have been making a lot of bigger things lately. I love making clothes and I'm so happy with how my things have come out lately, but I felt like I needed a little break.
It can get a bit hard going sometimes and I don't like getting stressed out with sewing. I always try to stop what I'm doing if I am getting frustrated or annoyed, so I decided to break it up and sew a few fun smaller projects.

I have made a few little make up bags and stuff before so I thought I would have a go at making these sweet little purses.


I think they look quite cute. They are just made with fabric scraps and spare buttons I had. Inside I lined them with silk.


This little bit of pink silk used to be a part of a dress my mom wore in the 80s!

I also made a few other things. I tried my hand at making these little owl pincushions out of old fluffy jumpers.


And baby ones which I am gonna string up and put them on some sort of hanging thing. (Really well explained I know)




 
It was nice to have a change but I feel like I want to get back to some serious sewing now haha. My 2 Nans have both given me enough jobs to keep me busy for a little bit though. I have two dresses to make for one, a skirt for the other and cushion covers for both.

So here is what I will be working on for the next couple of weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment