Friday 16 August 2013

Collars

For a while now I have been looking at embellished collars as necklaces. I know they have been around for a while, like these lovely ones from Nordstrom

(Picture from Nordstrom)
 
Its took me a long time but I have finally got round to making some of my own.
 
 
 
I had a few old shirts which used to belong to my dad and I cut off all of the parts besides the collar and the top button fastening. I made sure I cut as close as I could to the seam line so I didn't have to sew anything myself.
 
I then used lots of bits and pieces to decorate them.
 
 
This one was made from gems from old necklaces which I stitched on to the collar and little pearl hearts which I glued using fabric glue.
 
 
The points on this collar were really small so I cut up some studded fabric I had and glued it to the points with fabric glue. I thought it would look quite cool with some little dangly pearls from a broken charm bracelet, so I stitched those on too.
 
 
This last one is my favourite. The gold roses were old earrings that I never wear. I took off the pointy bits and stitched them onto the points of the collar. I then added a piece of old gold chain to join up the points. I stitched one end of the chain to the point and added a hook from a hook and eye to the other collar point so I can put it on easier.
 
It was a bit chilly today so I was wearing a thin jumper. The white collar looked really good with it. I think I will wear them with more high neck jumpers in the autumn/winter, but they also look quite cool with vests and stuff. :)
 
I originally made them to sell, but I think I may have to make some more cos I want to keep them! I will have to hope dad wants to get rid of more shirts! 






No comments:

Post a Comment