Thursday 8 August 2013

70s Skirt

Here is a skirt I made today and thought I would share it. :)



The pattern is one I picked up from Wales last week for 20p and is from the mid 70s. I really wanted a new skirt pattern as mine are getting a bit tired so this was perfect, there are 3 versions to choose from but I liked this one with the little fake pocket tabs.

I was so surprised at how easily it came together and the size was perfect. I thought it may be a little small as the waist size on the packet was an inch or so smaller than my actual waist. But there must have been a fair bit of ease allowance as it was pretty much a perfect fit.

Well that is besides the length of course. I did take about 10cm off the pattern piece, but then ended up taking another 10cm off to make it a mini. Ahh the pain of being short. So in the end it is kinda more 60s style than 70s, but I think it works.


The fabric is the metre of Oscar De La Renta I brought from Mood and I added some cute little turquoise buttons.

I decided to wear my skirt with these little cut out boots I got recently from Aldo which I love. I am also wearing my favourite pink sunglasses which I got ages ago, which my brother always takes the piss out of me for.

I think this skirt is one of my favourite things I have made. Think I might be getting my wear out of this one this summer!

2 comments:

  1. I love the skirt! Nice blog!!
    Greatings from Berlin Aziza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Lovely to know I have a reader in Brazil!

      Delete