Sunday 22 September 2013

Matchy Matchy!

I feel like I haven't blogged in ages! For anyone who has noticed my absence, (hi Mom and Dad) I'm very sorry. I have been quite busy this week starting a new job which I'm loving, but means less time for sewing.

But here is a little something I refashioned recently and something I have wanted to get round to doing for ages.

I really like the idea of wearing a matching skirt and crop top set, especially when it looks cute and lady-like, in a fabulous tweed or something. I love this example from Geneva at a pair and a spare. I love this blog and always find it so inspiring. If you have never looked at it, go now!


My example is a little different, (I have neither her amazing photography skills or her general air of sophistication) but I'm still really pleased with my attempt.

 
 
 
 
I had an old,  long sleeved, thick jersey dress that used to belong to my Mom. I think it was from Sainsbury's or some other high fashion clothes retailer. I really like the pattern and the thickness of the fabric, but the dress was too big on the whole and just didn't look right on me.So I decided this was the perfect opportunity to try and recreate a style I love.  

I cut the dress so that the top would sit at the top part of my stomach when hemmed, then cut the sleeves to make it a t- shirt.

For the skirt I added a length of elastic to the top and some darts at the back. (I managed to keep the original pockets) However, it then was very short! I cut apart the sleeves and made them into a little kind of peplum/ruffle at the bottom which seems to work.

 
 

In the end this only took about an hour or so to chop up and re- style, so it was a real quick project. (I love it when things come together fast. I'm so impatient)

Oh, and about the photography. I apologise for the weird lighting and lack of styling on my behalf haha. My little brother is my faithful and very skilled for his age photographer and always takes the photos of me for my blog. This lot of pictures is definitely my fault, having had no time to get any photos in actual daylight! Sozz Ethan.



No comments:

Post a Comment