Thursday 5 September 2013

Crafty Friends

A few days ago I decided to inflict my sewing machine and fabric on my fried Becky. We decided to have a sewing day, as it makes a change from going to the pub.

Becky has done bits of sewing before so she knew the basics, so she decided to make a tote bag and I would help with the pattern and stuff.

I have a free online course from Craftsy, which tells you all you need to know about making a fully lined tote bag with a little pocket. Click here to find it. I had never used it before so I was really keen for us to try it out.

Here is what Becky looks like marking out fabric.


Here she is sewing up the outside of the bag.


Look at that concentration.


Look at me, pretending like I know stuff.

The bag turned out lovely! Its made out of an old bed sheet and some fabric I found in an antique shop in Wales. We also added some pretty lace.



Isn't it lovely! It has a really nice silvery, silky lining too.

Me, Becky and our friend Lucy decided to take it on a road trip to the Cotswolds yesterday. (because we are super cool twenty-one year olds) We definitely brought the average age down. It was beautiful and we had great weather.


Look at Becky modelling her brand new bag!
Now I want one!


No comments:

Post a Comment