Monday 9 September 2013

Simplicity 2176

First off I would just like to say how much I love this pattern.

My nan brought this pattern a few weeks ago, along with some black and white floral cotton and some light tulip cotton and I have recently got round to making them both up.
It is probably one of the easiest dress patterns I have made in a while, but it has loads of detail and nice lines which make it look a lot more complicated.


This is one of the dresses. I think my Nan looks lovely! The shape of the dress suits her so well. I had to make hardly any alterations besides shortening the straps a little and making the skirt a little longer to suit her taste.


This is the black and white floral version. It is exactly the same, but it is more difficult to see the waist pleats and the bodice band with a busy pattern.


Nan was really pleased with them both so that's the main thing. I am also tempted to get the pattern in my size, shorten it and make one for me.

2 comments:

  1. Both the dresses are lovvely, I love the floral prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I had a look at your blog too. Really enjoying reading it!

      Delete