Wednesday 15 May 2013

Love For Celia Foote

I think I'm very late on the bandwagon, but I finally watched the film The Help today. Great film. But I am now slightly obsessed with the character Celia, and more specifically her CLOTHES!

Played by beautiful Jessica Chastain, Celia, a crazy 'white trash' blonde ditzy woman who has, in my opinion, one of the best wardrobes ever.

There are two outfits that are especially beautiful, one is this gorgeous yellow playsuit.



How lovely is this! Its definitely made me want to make a summery playsuit with a fitted bodice. I haven't attempted anything like this before, so that will deffo be a challenge, I had better get looking for a pattern! I always find that fitted bodices never fit me properly on the high street, I guess that's one of the joys of making your on clothes, you can actually get them to fit the way you want them too ha.

Another outfit of Celia's has got to be the pink dress.




I know she gets talked about and criticised for it in the film, but its so beautiful!
The fact that I would have nowhere at all to wear a dress like this has not stopped me wishing for one.

With my exams around the corner :( I haven't had much time to sew lately, but I'm itching to do something a bit creative. Not long to go now though until I have finished Uni forever and look forward to a bit more sewing.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment