Sunday 13 October 2013

Clutch Bags

Here is my first lot of stock for the up-coming craft fair I'm going to in November!


Do you like my fabrics?!

I love clutch bags, so I knew I wanted to make some to sell, but as I have never made any before I wanted them to look quite simple but cool.

I basically just made a long zip pouch with 2 outer pieces of fabric and 2 lining pieces. I attached them to the zip, sewed the 2 outer and 2 inner pieces together, then turned it all inside out. The bags have a big press stud to hold the flap down.

I love the big chunky metal zips. They were such a bargain too, 10 for a pound from Birmingham's Rag Market! The fabrics I used are from The Fancy Silk Store in Birmingham, my favourite is the bird print. What you cant see is the gorgeous silky linings inside the bags, silver, pink and blue satin :)

Here are some more pictures of the clutches with things in, as they look so much nicer puffed out a bit.



 
 
(By the way, I have made more than three!)
 
I think next on the list is some purses in matching fabric and also pencil cases. I had better get a move on!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete