Friday 26 July 2013

Self- Drafted Skirt and Refashioned Shirt

This is a bit of a belated post, as I've already worn this outfit, but didn't really get many pictures of it.





I wore it to a gig a few weeks ago, some hip new band 'Wild Sun'. (okay, its my boyfriend and my friends, but they are really good! I'm not even biased)

The skirt is a little mini that I self drafted from another skirt I really like the fit of. It was really quick and easy to make. I had about half a metre of this lovely lace/broderie anglaise that my neighbour kindly gave me and I was inspired by Geneva's lace Romper from apairandasparediy
 

 

On a completely different note, the fabric and zip are from a huge bag full of fabric, trim, ribbon and thread that my neighbour gave me recently. I was having the time of my life sorting through everything she sent me (thug- life) and it was so lovely of her.

For the lining I used some white poly-cotton type fabric which, at first seemed fine, but inside a sweaty gig turned out to be the hottest thing ever. Ah well you live and learn. This will be reserved for colder times I think.


 
 

Construction- wise there are a few darts, and a little pink zip at the back. The waistband is just a line of topstitch, which is pretty well hidden in the lacy texture. I left the bottom of the lace raw without a hem like Geneva's which works fine. As long as you don't look at the inside this skirt seems fairly good, the inside seams however... I'd rather not go there.



I wore the skirt with this little cropped shirt I refashioned out of a long, bigger shirt of my moms. She kindly donated it to me and I shortened it, took it in by adding darts to the back, and added some embellishment to the collar.

The gems were from a necklace I used to own which had broken, and I also stuck some diamante stoned on the buttons. I have some plain collars that are from some of my dads old shirts, so I am definitely going to be adding some gems and jewellery parts to them and wear them with t- shirts and jumpers in the winter.




Besides being mega warm, this outfit made me feel pretty good on the night.

I promised my friend Becky we were gonna make a few simple skirts like this, with a waistband, so expect to see them here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment